The Northwest Health Services Coalition was developed to bring together regional healthcare organizations and responders to prepare for emergencies together.
We are currently funded by a Federal Grant known as Hospital Preparedness Program.
Northwest Health Services Coalition est. 2002
The Northwest Health Services Coalition mission is to serve as a resource for local and regional partners through collaboration, guidance, leadership and support by promoting sustainable planning, training and exercising.
* 13 counties with a population of approximately 200,000
* 15 hospitals
* Half agricultural and half forested
* Border North Dakota and Canada
Regional HVA Key Findings
1. Weather event
2. Power outage
3. Civil Unrest
Planning and Response Objectives
* Identify training and exercise needs
* Identify and capitalize on regional strengths
* Collaborate with other regional partners
* Facilitate information sharing
* Promote situational awareness
* Facilitate resource support
* Facilitate the coordination of incident response actions
Coalition Business Structure
* General Coalition members meet in a centralized location twice per year
* The Advisory Committee meets up to ten times per year and is represented by hospitals, mental health, EMS, public health, emergency management, clinics, tribal public health and long term care.
* Decisions are made by consensus of those present
* The Coalition Charter defines business procedures